I was nominated for the Liebster Award by two lovely girls, Valerie and Saule (thank you!). The purpose of the award is to raise awareness of smaller bloggers with less than 200 followers and offers a chance to get to know any new bloggers. As both girls have nominated me, I thought I would combine both of their questions together into one post.
1. Link the person who nominated you
2. Answer questions given by the nominator
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Create 11 questions for the nominees
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
1. What is your favourite quote of all time?
"Treat others how you would like to be treated". There have been so many occasions where I think of how I would feel if I was in the other person's shoes before I take action. It definitely avoids a lot of sticky situations.
2. Which song could you listen to over and over again?
At the moment, it's between 'Get over it' by McBusted or 'All about that bass' by Megan Trainor. Both are really catchy, feel good songs. I tend to replay a song I like over and over again until I get completely sick of it, then I never listen to it ever again!
3. What is your bad habit?
I bite the skin around my fingernails. Totally gross, but it's a nervous habit I've had for years!
4. If you could meet someone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I would really love to meet Tom Fletcher. I've been a fan of McFly since I was 8 years old and have grown up with their music, so it would be great to meet him.
5. Why did you start your own blog?
I was a regular reader of Zoella's blog and thought it was something I'd really enjoy to do too. I was struggling with acne at the time, so I also thought it would be good to document my progress through treatment.
6. What do most people don't know about you?
I've played viola for 10 years!
7. Who inspires you and why?
My Mum. I always go to her first for advice and somehow, she's always right!
8. What is one of your best memories from the past year?
Touring Belgium with my old high school's music department in the summer. I met great friends on the trip and came home completely inspired by all of the World War 1 memorials in the beautiful country.
9. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
Time travel. I love history and would love to see what it was like living in the past. I wouldn't ever want to change anything I did in the past, or see my future, though!
10. What is one skill you don't have but you wish you did?
Confidence. I feel like I am confident with people I'm completely comfortable with, but I can be quite shy in front of new people.
11. What is your favourite blog at the moment?
I love reading Faye's Fix. She has a youtube channel too, which I'm completely obsessed with.
1. Where were you born?
I was born in Edinburgh, Scotland.
2. Describe yourself in 3 words
Easy-going, ambitious and friendly.
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
Spending hours and hours watching YouTube videos whilst drinking lots of tea and eating chocolate bars.
4. What quality do you appreciate most in others?
Positivity. I feel more comfortable being with people who see the positive side of things rather than focussing on the negatives all the time.
5. What do you hope to accomplish some day?
Raising a healthy and happy family.
6. Three things you cannot live without?
Family, friends and the internet.
7. Who are your favourite bloggers?
(as previously asked)
8. Why did you start blogging?
(as previously asked)
9. If you could live anywhere on Earth, where would it be?
I don't actually have a specific place where I would love to live as I love where I live just now. In the future, I think Malta would be a perfect place to live when I'm old and retired.
10. What would be the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Tell my family and find us all a new house to live in!
11. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a TV news presenter, which is quite strange because my degree (law) relates to the news hugely. I also went through a phase of wanting to be a dentist's assistant and a psychologist.
My Questions For You:
1. What is your star sign and do you believe in your horoscope?
2. If you had the opportunity to change your name, what would you change it to?
3. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. What was your favourite subject at school?
5. Which of your five senses would you keep, if you could only keep one?
6. Describe your idea of a perfect first date.
7. What would you like to invent?
8. Why did you start a blog?
9. Who are your favourite bloggers?
10. What is one thing most people don't know about you?
11. Describe your year (2014) in three words.
Enjoy. Remember to link me your blog post once it has been posted, I'd love to read your answers!