I try to keep my eye make-up relatively simple everyday since I'm not a huge fan of lugging around dozens of make-up products inside my bag to touch up every hour of the day. My most distinct school pet peeve involves girls clogging the bathroom mirrors at break and lunchtime re-applying the layers of make-up already built up on their faces. There is nothing worse than talking to someone who has mountains of thick, cakey mascara and eyes rimmed with black eyeliner, so heavy you can hardly make out their eyes..(well, almost).
So, here are the eye products I use on a daily basis!
Products from left to right:
- Maybelline Falsies Volum' Express Mascara (Waterproof, Black)
- Rimmel London's Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil (011 Sable Brown)
- Rimmel London's Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil (061 Jet Black)
- Firstly, I define my eyebrows with the brown eyeliner by lightly stroking the pencil along my eyebrows. I only tend to do this when I pin my fringe back since my eyebrows are mostly hidden when my fringe is down.
- I then line my upper last line with the black kohl eyeliner. Depending on the occasion, I sometimes line my lower lash line and smudge it in with my finger to give a more intense eye look, but for school, lining only the upper lash line gives a brighter eye effect. Especially when I'm a zombie at 8.30 in the morning.
- Next, I curl my eyelashes with my Shu Uemura eyelash curler. I heat the tool briefly with a hair dryer to make my curl last longer. My eyelashes are naturally pin straight so doing this allows them to stay curly all day without budging. Curling my eyelashes does tend to smudge the liner on my upper lash line, but it makes the look seem even more effortless and messy.
- Taking my Maybelline Falsies Mascara I brush through my upper lashes. The mascara is very black and really does make them appear false as the product claims to achieve. If you are curling your eyelashes I recommend using a waterproof mascara so the curl doesn't droop during the day.
- Lastly, I brush through my lower lashes with my Natural Collection Water Guard Mascara. I'm not terribly fussed on what mascara I use on my lower lashes, so I tend to grab the cheapest mascara I can find to do the job.
And here's the finished look!
What does your daily eye make-up routine consist of?